ATV stands for all-terrain, a four-wheeled vehicle that can be driven on various terrains, such as dirt, sand, grass, and snow. ATV bikes are also known as four-wheelers or quads, and they come in different sizes and models for different age groups and skill levels. ATV bikes can be fun and exciting for kids to enjoy the outdoors, but they also require proper safety precautions and supervision. In this context, we will review some of the best ATV bikes for kids in 2023 and provide tips on choosing the right one for your child.
What to Consider When Buying an ATV Bike for Kids
Before you buy an ATV bike for your kid, there are some factors that you need to consider, such as:
- Age and size of your child: ATV bikes are designed for different age groups, ranging from 6 years old to 16 years old. The ATV bike’s size and power should match your child’s age and size, as well as their riding experience and ability. For example, a 6-year-old beginner should not ride a 250cc ATV bike meant for a 16-year-old expert. You can check the manufacturer’s recommendations or consult a dealer to find the best fit for your child.
- Safety features: ATV bikes can be dangerous if not used properly, so you must look for safety features that can help prevent accidents and injuries. Some of the safety features that you should look for are:
- Speed limiter: This device limits the maximum speed of the ATV bike, which can be adjusted according to your child’s skill level. For example, you can set the speed limiter to 10 mph for a beginner and increase it gradually as your child becomes more confident and skilled.
- Engine kill switch: This is a button or a cord that can stop the engine of the ATV bike in case of an emergency. For example, if your child falls off the ATV bike or loses control, you can press the button or pull the cord to stop the engine and prevent further damage.
- Remote control: This device allows you to control the ATV bike remotely from a distance. For example, you can use the remote control to start or stop the engine, adjust the speed limiter, or activate the horn or lights of the ATV bike.
- Helmet and protective gear: This is not a feature of the ATV bike but is essential for your child’s safety. You should always ensure your child wears a helmet and protective gear, such as gloves, boots, goggles, and pads when riding an ATV bike. This can protect them from head injuries, cuts, bruises, and burns in an accident.
- Price and quality: ATV bikes vary in price and quality depending on the brand, model, size, and features. You should compare different options and look for reviews and ratings from other customers before purchasing. It would help if you also considered the maintenance and repair costs of the ATV bike, as well as the availability of spare parts and accessories. It would help if you looked for an ATV bike that offers good value for money, durability, performance, and reliability.
Best ATV Bikes for Kids in 2023
Here are some of the best ATV bikes for kids in 2023 that you can choose from:
- Kawasaki KFX®50: This introductory four-wheeler is suitable for kids aged 6 and older. It has a 49.5 cc four-stroke engine and an automatic transmission that delivers smooth power and beginner-friendly performance. It also has an electric start with keyed ignition, adjustable throttle limiter, automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT) collar, sporty front-end styling, front LED accent lights, LED taillights, full coverage floorboards, independent A-arm front suspension, swingarm rear suspension, engine stop lanyard, etc. The Kawasaki KFX®50 has an MSRP of $2,499.
- Polaris Outlaw® 110 EFI: This youth four-wheeler is suitable for kids aged 10 and older. A 112 cc electronic fuel injected (EFI) four-stroke engine provides consistent starting and improved performance. It also has an electric start with keyed ignition, parent-adjustable speed limiter, single-lever disc brakes, long-travel rear suspension, LED daytime running lights, etc. The Polaris Outlaw® 110 EFI has an MSRP of $3,599.
- Razor Dirt Quad Electric Four-Wheeled Off-Road Vehicle: This electric four-wheeler is suitable for kids aged 8 and older. It has a 24V rechargeable battery system provides up to 40 minutes of continuous use. It also has twist-grip throttle control, hand-operated rear disc brake, adjustable riser handlebars, shatter-resistant plastic fairings, droop travel rear suspension with a coil shock, terrain-tracing droop-travel front suspension with coil shock, 13-inch pneumatic knobby tires, etc. The Razor Dirt Quad Electric Four-Wheeled Off-Road Vehicle has an MSRP of $649.99.
- Mountopz ATV-3050C: This is a gas-powered four-wheeler that is suitable for kids aged 8 and older. It has a 110 cc air-cooled four-stroke engine that can reach up to 25 mph. It also has an electric start with keyed ignition, remote control with an engine kill switch, a speed limiter with throttle screw, front and rear hydraulic disc brakes, front and rear suspension with coil-over shocks, LED headlights, taillights, etc. The Mountopz ATV-3050C has an MSRP of $1,099.95.
ATV bikes can be an excellent way for kids to have fun and learn new skills, but they also require careful consideration and supervision. You should always check the age and size recommendations, safety features, price and quality, and customer reviews of the ATV bike before you buy it for your child. You should also ensure your child wears a helmet and protective gear, follows the rules and regulations, and rides responsibly and safely. With the right ATV bike and guidance, your child can enjoy the thrill and adventure of riding on different terrains.
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below, and remember to visit dairyqueenhours for more mind-boggling updates.😊